A confidential service and a safe place where counsellors listen empathetically to clients, encouraging them to tell their stories and express their feelings.
Call The Office
(016) 933 8128
52 Pres. Boshoff street, SE1, Vanderbijlpark, 1911
Welcome to FAMSA VAAL
Triangle’s History & Service
FAMSA VAAL TRIANGLE was established in 1981 and is affiliated to the FAMSA National Office, but we are independent and perfectly set to meet the unique needs of the communities in the Vaal Triangle. Currently our services are rendered in five areas of Sedibeng namely: Vanderbijlpark, Bophelong, Sebokeng, Vereeniging and Sharpeville.
A confidential service and a safe place where counselors listen em-pathetically to clients, encouraging them to tell their stories and express their feelings.
Rendered Areas of Service in Sedibeng
FAMSA VAAL TRIANGLE’S SERVICES
Through our district wide network of professional social workers and auxiliary social workers in the five satellite offices, FAMSA Vaal Triangle’s reach is improving relationships throughout Sedibeng. Our services are divided into five main categories:
2. Employee support groups
FAMSA Vaal Triangle provides supportive services to corporates, to improve employee wellness and maintain the productivity of businesses in Sedibeng. We offer cross cultural programmes, group interaction therapy, change management and trauma debriefing services.
3. Community Development
FAMSA Vaal Triangle partner with previously disadvantaged communities to address their particular needs through:
- Domestic violence eradication and victim empowerment projects
- Youth development projects
- Women upliftment initiatives
- HIV/AIDS prevention and awareness, management and care-for-the-caregivers projects
- Unemployment and poverty alleviation programmes
- Supporting and capacitating community projects such as community-based food gardens and the economic empowerment of people living with physical disabilities.
The training programmes are presented to professionals, volunteers, schools, common interest groups, support groups and various community groups.
5. Prevention and awareness
Prevention and awareness programmes are offered in communities, schools and churches. The programmes include:
- Information sessions, door-to-door campaigns and community events
- HIV/AIDS prevention and awareness campaigns
- Parenting, Marriage and family enrichment campaigns
- Commemoration of national and international days.
52 President Boshoff Str, SE1,
(016) 933 8128
Sebokeng Famsa Office
Sebokeng Hospital, Sebokeng, 1982, South Africa
083 602 6877
Famsa Bophelong Office
5050, 10th Ave, Bophelong, Vanderbijlpark, 1913
074 739 6467
c/o Leslie & Beaconsfield Stree